Google

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Retrospective

First off, sorry it took me a week to post the info and pictures from our final day. That day was wonderful and I wanted to share it, but the day after we returned... let's just say that was a difficult day for a lot of us. I found that I had to apologize to some of my students because, even though I wasn't angry with them, I was so tired that I came across as bored, dismissive, and snotty. By Tuesday I was civil, and by Wednesday I was feeling like myself again. By Friday I was really starting to be a decent teacher, just as my students were checking out for the week, intellectually and emotionally, because the sun was shining and Prom was the next day (today). Now I'm finally back in my groove, and all shall be well next week. Oh, and good news for my creative writing classes: Thanks to your input in class on Friday, last night I wrote fifteen pages that I think are pretty decent, and I'm going to try for another ten or eleven tonight. I won't quite catch up to where I wanted to be in the book you're editing for me, but if I can write two chapters per weekend for the rest of the year we might just get to the end of the story. So, wish me luck!
Photo-0001 - Twango
I guess that means it's back to the grind, even if it's a task I thoroughly enjoy. Thanks to all the parents, friends, students and colleagues who read this and made this worth my time.

-Ben Gorman

No comments: